Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Visit home to the UK

I was very excited about going home, i think because work had been so busy, i was just ready for a break. I was also excited to see family and friends that i hadn't seen for a fair while.

The morning i arrived back in the UK it was glorious sunshine, which was a bit of a surprise as everyone had told me how bad the weather had been. I arrived in Bristol and spent the day relaxing at home with mum and dad and the dog. It never stops amazing me how when you travel somewhere familiar it truly feels like you've never been away. I think that's a nice thing but i'm not sure!

Dom, Tessa and Megan arrived on the Friday and it was lovely to see them. I have seen Meg for 6 months and she'd really grown. She's walking now and is a very sweet little girl. She's a bit more clingy than she was the last time but she seemed to warm to me fairly quickly. She's a cuddler, which i love and she also enjoys when you read her stories. It was nice to be able to spend the whole weekend with them all. I'm not sure Dom and Tessa liked me being there too much as normally Meg sleeps in my room but this time they had her in with them - ooops not much sleep for any of them i don't think!


Becky and Steve got married in the same church as Becky's sister Susie, it's a beautiful little place in Bristol. The weather the day before had been a bit iffy so we were happy to see that the sun was shining come Saturday afternoon. We headed to the church, late as ever, we always plan so well but it's always a rush. It was a lovely service with a slightly strange vicar, she kept on comparing the love that Becky and Steve had with each other with all sorts of gadgets that she kept showing in front of the congregation!

The reception was at Leight Court, a beautiful building just over the Severn Bridge, there was a champagne reception and a great little four piece band. There was a gorgeous amount of space for the kids to run around and for the adults to mingle. It was so lovely catching up with everyone and spending some time with family.

The food was fantastic and the champagne didn't stop flowing. The evening carried on with a disco and then some amazing fire works. A bunch of us then carried on to the Marriott hotel in Bristol where we paid stupid amount of money for more alcohol. We all stayed there until about 4am when people started wandering off. All in all a fantastic wedding - everyone had a lot of fun.

I took a lot of photos with my super duper new camera and haven't put many of them on here but if you're keen they are all loaded on Picasa so you can have a look at them there.


The rest of my trip in the UK was spent travelling around seeing friends in the short time i had. I went up to St Albans to see Andy and Charley, we spent a nice amount of time in the pub garden just chatting and reminiscing. I then went to London, i spent the day with Frank and Holly, which is always nice. I then had dinner with Simon, which was also really nice. And then drinks with the Clapham lot. The following day i had lunch with Claire and then headed back up to Charley and Andy's. Time was flying by but that is always the way i think. Jo then came up to St Albans for the day and we walked around in the sun and enjoyed chatting about not very much at all.
I then went back to Bristol for a few more days, again i was so lucky with the weather, it was beautiful. I did lots of reading and lying in the garden. It was nice to feel i had a bit of time off but i also knew that i'd be heading back into the thick of it with deadlines looming on the project.
Oh well, until December that was my little taste of the UK for the time being. The sunset on my last night was incredible. This photo was taken from my bedroom window. I miss not seeing those sunset when i'm here, i don't think you can see the sun set!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home