Friday, August 24, 2007

A busy few days!

Having submitted three 130 page documents our team was completely shattered. The boys had arranged a team dinner at the Russian restaurant but by the time i got home i was shattered and the last thing i felt like doing was getting drunk with the guys i'd spent the whole week with. Luckily my friend Jemima came to the rescue and asked me to me her for a drink.

What a night, we ended up going from party to bar, to party, to another bar and another one. It was all a lot of fun and it didn't end until 7:30 am. Watching the sun rise over Phnom Penh was beautiful and getting into bed in my air conditioned room a few hours later was even nicer.

I had four hours sleep before i had to get up to catch my flight to Hanoi. I had a meeting on Monday as the tourism project that i manage there hasn't been paid for months. There are no direct flights to Hanoi so you have to fly through Laos. It ends up taking 6 hours to get somewhere that should really only take 3.

I spent the rest of my weekend relaxing and reading and enjoying not having to do much. We had a good meeting on Monday and i hope we'll get paid soon. Tuesday i was back down in Cambodia for the final submission due on our currect project.

What a week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home